Monday 26 November 2012

Chaos Barricade Set (Complete)

This weekend I got some paint on my chaos barricade set.


I was originally going to paint it totally nurgly but in the end I toned it down and went for a more generic rusty  chaos look. I added some 100s&1000s to some of the pieces to represent nurgle growth and I also added a few rivets made from shavings of styrene rod (Evergreen styrene).

                                        

The painting was dead easy and took all of an hour. I followed this extremely handy guide on painting rust:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Et19MNKkY

The only thing I did differently was add a final very light drybrush of light tan to bring out some of the details.






The top one is my favourite... the detailing really turned out better than I hoped.




I am now working on some sort of gun mount so that I can have the option of a quad cannon.


4 comments:

  1. That looks Epic mate, really well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice Neal, hope these do well for you, the paintjob shows them off spectacularly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I have sent off the "quad gun" bit for a test cut but Core Engravers are so busy with christmas stuff that they are not sure when they will get to it so I have released this without the "gun". Hopefully will have that up in the next two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, work, I am going to have to get one!

    ReplyDelete